Friday, September 4, 2009

Fall In Love - Often

I know that probably every parents has told their children that there are plenty of fish in the sea. And if I had children I would tell them this too. As well as to fall in love and often! I know many people may think this does not sound like quite the right thing to say but I believe in it strongly. There are very few people in this world who fall in love with their high school sweetheart and get married and live happily ever after. I wish life could have that storybook ending but it just simply does not. I would be there to let my children cry on my shoulder when they did get their heart broken and to also tell them the last thing the are going to want to hear at that time (there are plenty of fish in the sea!). But right along with that I would tell them that they will probably fall in and out of love many times before that right person comes along. And that each time they do fall in love they should enjoy every moment of it. And I would let them know that hopefully someday the right person will come along - but this can take a lot of time and patience for some people. Not that there is anything wrong with them but sometimes its just a little harder for some to find your soulmate. And that once you do find that special "one" all the waiting and broken hearts along the way will not seem to matter too much anymore. But all the waiting and broken hearts will also help you to know how to build a strong relationship with this "one" you have found. And maybe - hopefully they can then build that storybook ending with this person they have found. And part of their great love story will be falling in love again with a child or children. But I would also warn them that not all endings are storybook. And sometimes people do fall out of love, even if it seemed like the most perfect love in the world. And although I would hope this would never happen to my (imaginary) children, I would then let them know if it does that it is time to get up, dust themselves off - and fall in love all over again!



"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
- Marilyn Monroe

1 comment: